Senior DBA Analyst/Evening Shift Supervisor
Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
An opening currently exists for an Oracle Senior DBA Analyst. Duties and responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Accountable for the deployment, development, enhancement, support and maintenance of databases within our Enterprise application
- Develops/improves database standards ensuring CMiC meets our overall SLA's in order to provide optimum maintenance and consistency across applications
- Research technical problems, analyze business requirements, evaluate alternative design approaches, and design technical processes to meet business requirements
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Estimate and document required work effort to develop, test and implement new technical processes/changes
- Create technical documentation of implementation activities for management and other team members
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems
- Provides technical support and mentoring to other team members in order to foster professional development
- Provide guidance, support and reporting with other management members
- Evening Shift Supervisor/Escalations Duty: this position means that the applicant will fulfill the escalation process in the evening. This includes: escalation of incidents from clients, escalation from DBAs on some technical problems that they are performing, performing individual work or picking up the load when required, escalation to DBA Team lead, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
We are looking for a candidate who is technically sound with strong communication and leadership skills.
- College/University Degree - preferable in Computer Science, Electrical/Software Engineering or Math/Physics (Computer Sc. stream) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years in Oracle DBA, systems analysis, programming or a comparable role within a software company and proven problem solving skills
- Experience with web-based client applications and enterprise deployment strategies (load balancing and high availability installs)
- Should have previous hands-on technical working experience with the following Technologies:
- Oracle Database 11g/12c/18c
- Oracle Application Server 10g/11g/12c
- Oracle Reports
- Oracle Forms
- J2EE Programs
- Knowledge of RAC is required. Senior DBAs are specifically added to support new deployments of Oracle Clusters
- Knowledge of DataGuard is required are specifically added to support new deployments of Regular DataGuard and Active DataGuard
- Some in-depth knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both a Business (Project Management/Accounting) and IT perspective
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements
- Experience working with clients or in a team based environment and working under pressure/time constraints
- Evening shift work availability: CMIC DBA Services has multiple shift and provides coverage from 7 am to 11.59 pm EST. The applicant needs to understand that this particular position is mainly for the evening shift which is 2/3 pm to 10/11 pm and needs to be comfortable working in this shift.
- On-Call requirements: Applications understand that they will be participating in on-call rotation for the weekends to cover the issues, projects or outages that occur on the weekend.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using MS Office Products
- Proficiency using MS SharePoint
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Full-time, permanent role
Benefits Package (Health & Dental)
Paid Vacation and Personal Days
Yoga Classes and Social Events
Rapidly growing organization with 200+ employees