Marketing & Events Coordinator
As an industry pioneer, CMiC delivers complete and unified ERP and field solutions for construction and capital projects firms. CMiC’s powerful software transforms how firms optimize productivity, minimize risk and drive growth by planning and managing all financials, projects, resources, and content assets—from a Single Database Platform™. With customers throughout North America, CMiC serves one-quarter of ENR’s Top 200 Contractors and hundreds of small and mid-sized construction firms, from general and specialty contractors to heavy/highway and project owners. For more information, please visit www.cmicglobal.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE – OVERVIEW
You will support the planning, execution and evaluation of events, including CMiC’s participation in 3rd-party conferences and trade shows, CMiC-hosted educational and networking events, promotional webinars, and other field programs that create opportunities for our business development representatives (BDRs) and sales executives to engage with prospective customers. In addition, you will work directly with the marketing team to coordinate and execute a variety of tasks to plan, promote, host and evaluate CONNECT, CMiC’s Annual Customer Conference. Lastly, you will help coordinate periodic company events, such as quarterly ‘town hall’ meetings, biannual advisory board meetings and annual sales kickoff offsites.
ABOUT THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
- Support the planning and execution of all aspects of CONNECT, CMiC’s Annual Customer Conference
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Sales, Solutions and Product teams, as well as multiple vendors (e.g., lodging, catering, transportation, A/V, entertainment, guest speakers, etc.) to deliver a valuable conference experience to all participants
- Develop and track annual event program and calendar, which includes 3rd-party conferences, trade shows, webinars and CMiC-hosted field events
- Help to draft campaign briefs, which define key elements necessary to plan, execute and evaluate all events, including trade shows, webinars and CMiC-hosted field events
- Assist with the creation of an annual budget for CMiC’s full fiscal year event program, including all costs related to participating in (or hosting) events and webinars
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Sales to plan, execute and evaluate all events, webinars and field campaigns. Coordinate key activities for each event or field program:
- Coordinate essential preparation tasks for each event
- Assemble materials to promote each event – e.g., outbound emails, social media, website, promotional partnerships
- Develop and communicate plan for all ‘on the ground’ activities – e.g., booth coverage, demos, presentations, live tweeting, photos, etc.
- Schedule pre and post-event debriefs; document feedback for review with marketing and sales teams and to inform the planning of future events
- Work with 3rd party show organizers to complete and submit event documents, forms, logos and any other deliverables required for participation
- Help to plan and execute all post-event activities – e.g., emails, BDR and Sales follow-up, evaluation summaries, etc.
- Ensure content assets required for events – e.g., booth signage, promotional emails, social posts, presentations, case studies, eBooks, product collateral, etc. – are finalized and distributed according to the timelines specified in the campaign brief
- Coordinate data gathering, capture (in CRM system) and tracking of inquiries and leads generated through events and other field programs
- Coordinate the planning and execution of corporate events, such as sales kick-offs, leadership meetings, advisory board meetings, quarterly ‘town hall’ meetings, etc.
- As needed, provide tactical support for other marketing initiatives, programs and campaigns, which may include procurement of CMiC-branded ‘swag’ for trade shows and sales meeting; online research; data entry; shipping and receiving marketing materials; etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma (Business, Marketing or related field an asset)
- A minimum of 1 year (ideally, 2 years) of full-time experience in a marketing role focused on event or campaign coordination (planning and executing events/campaigns at a B2B tech/software company a plus)
- Experience collaborating with—and supporting—Marketing and Sales teams
- Proficient using Microsoft Office360 (or similar productivity applications) to help plan and coordinate complex programs with multiple stakeholders, work streams,interdependencies and deliverables
- Very organized, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines and coordinating multiple simultaneous tasks
- Committed to the highest quality standards
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (written and oral)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and fluid environment
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, strong work ethic
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
- Competitive benefits Package (including Health & Dental benefits)
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Quarterly townhall meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate in open discussions
- Located on York University’s campus, easily accessible by transit (TTC, GO, etc.), walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Outdoor lunch space, including picnic tables
- An active Social Events Committee (past events include annual seasonal parties, pool and bowling tournaments, karaoke nights, Game nights, BBQ’s, and more)
- Health and Wellness focus including Yoga classes, Discounted Health Club membership, fresh fruit and other snacks provided
- RRSP Matching Program after 2 years of employment
- Experience in a rapidly growing, socially responsible corporation