Customer Success Manager
Location: CMiC HQ, Toronto
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Status: Full Time
Note: Exact title will depend upon experience and track record of success.
As an industry pioneer, CMiC delivers complete and unified ERP and field solutions for construction and capital projects firms. CMiC’s powerful software transforms how firms optimize productivity, minimize risk and drive growth by planning and managing all financials, projects, resources, and content assets—from a Single Database Platform™. With customers throughout North America, CMiC serves one-quarter of ENR’s Top 200 Contractors and hundreds of small and mid-sized construction firms, from general and specialty contractors to heavy/highway and project owners. For more information, please visit www.cmicglobal.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE – OVERVIEW
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for managing and developing customer relationships that drive retention and loyalty. The successful candidate will represent ‘the voice of the customer’ while serving as point person to collect and analyze customer-related insights and inform communications and other initiatives that help to deliver a value-focused customer experience that is seamless, consistent and productive. Specifically, you will effectively manage processes and data, as well as orchestrate internal resources, to help customers realize their potential with their investments in CMiC.
ABOUT THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
- Represent ‘the voice of the customer’ back to CMiC. Stay in tune with each of our customer’s satisfaction levels and expectations for success while keeping CMiC management apprised of changes and longer-term trends.
- Drive the overall customer retention strategy, including the customer engagement management process, customer on-boarding, communications, contract renewals and additional sales opportunities.
- Act as trusted advisor and customer advocate. Analyze business requirements, forecasting, project execution, reporting and strategic planning initiatives to drive the desired results and deliver high value and overall satisfaction to the customer.
- Establish collaborative relationships with key customer executives and staff. Serve as point of escalation for both the customer and other CMiC team members in matters that relate to service delivery, contract interpretation, proposals, billing, etc.
- Monitor services delivery by CMiC Professional Services for customers in active deployment. Report on adherence to established standards and procedures as well as satisfaction.
- Monitor the aggregate (and individual) customer experience with CMiC Customer Support. Report on adherence to established standards and procedures as well as satisfaction.
- Understand, maintain and help to enforce CMiC’s contractual commitments for each customer.
- Help to resolve issues or conflicts that may arise between CMiC and customer. Clarify interests and positions of all parties. Facilitate discussions to reach mutually agreed upon resolutions.
- Coordinate customer and CMiC resources to conduct Biannual (twice per year) Business Reviews with every customer.
- Understand existing customers’ business needs, assess opportunities to expand CMiC’s ‘footprint,’ and formulate recommendations.
- Provide detailed and timely status reporting on deployment milestones, adoption and usage of CMiC products, opportunities for expansion, threats, and satisfaction with the different elements of their relationship with CMiC.
- Ensure a smooth transition during new customer on-boarding. Partner with various internal sales and service delivery teams to provide seamless transition to post go-live support team.
- Secure customer reference-ability and help drive participation in select marketing programs, such as press releases, case studies, video testimonials and attendance at CMiC’s annual customer conference (‘CONNECT’) as well as regional prospecting events.
- Identify and propose customer management innovations and improvement opportunities.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma (Business, Marketing, Engineering, Math, Science a plus)
- A minimum of six (6) years of strategic B2B account management (or similar sales-related) experience in an ERP and/or SaaS environment
- Proven track record driving revenue expansion with existing accounts and achieving/ maintaining customer retention rates of >94%
- Excellent service-driven, customer-focused skills
- Experienced working with customer management systems – e.g., CRM (Salesforce Sales Cloud), customer support (Salesforce Service Cloud) and marketing automation (HubSpot)
- Proven skills to extract from customer management systems the relevant data, analyze it and formulate recommendation for customer strategies, programs and communications
- Proven ability to collaborate with—and orchestrate—cross-functional teams to deliver optimal customer experience
- Experience with successfully managing contract renewals that drive monthly recurring revenue
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships at both executive and staff levels within customer organizations
- Tangible examples of situations where sound, accurate and fact-driven recommendations have been made
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Inspires respect and trust; motivates others to conduct themselves with a ‘customer-centric’ mentality
- Proven ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Intellectually curious, passionate about learning and willing to take the initiative
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
- Competitive benefits Package (including Health & Dental benefits)
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Quarterly townhall meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate in open discussions
- Located on York University’s campus, easily accessible by transit (TTC, GO, etc.), walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Outdoor lunch space, including picnic tables
- An active Social Events Committee (past events include annual seasonal parties, pool and bowling tournaments, karaoke nights, Game nights, BBQ’s, and more)
- Health and Wellness focus including Yoga classes, Discounted Health Club membership, fresh fruit and other snacks provided
- RRSP Matching Program after 2 years of employment
- Experience in a rapidly growing, socially responsible corporation