Software Release Build Specialist
Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a Software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
The Software Release Build Specialistacts as a liaison between programmers and clients to produce release builds. This position is responsible for the complete preparation of CMiC Software updates and ensures timely software release to clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Package and document programmed changes for Patch and Hotfix installations.
- Package programmed files for distribution to customers.
- Review installation results for script errors and programming related issues.
- Perform programming script modifications and cleanup, where required.
- Manage internal timeline expectations for preparation/packaging and release builds.
- Interact and collaborate with QA and programming team members.
- Participate in project and team meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- College/University Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Math) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Quality Assurance and/or Oracle Programming experience or a comparable role within a software company with strong debugging and proven problem solving skills.
- Previous experience with any of the following - Oracle 10g/11g/12c, PL/SQL and SQL, Oracle Forms and/or JDeveloper would be an asset.
- Knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both a Business and IT perspective.
- Solid understanding of and capability using Oracle SQL.
- Experience with Linux OS, and Perl programming languages.
- Experience working with clients and in a team under pressure/time constraints.
- Basic accounting skills, System Development Life cycles (SDLC), Quality Assurance and knowledge of Enterprise Systems.
- Previous industry experience with Construction, Professional Services, Information Technology or other firms is preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Discoverer (Administrator) is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office Products.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
- Competitive benefits Package (including Health & Dental benefits)
- Quarterly townhall meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate in open discussions
- Located on York University’s campus, easily accessible by transit (TTC, GO, etc.), walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Outdoor lunch space, including picnic tables
- An active Social Events Committee (past events include annual seasonal parties, pool and bowling tournaments, karaoke nights, Game nights, BBQ’s, and more)
- Health and Wellness focus including Yoga classes, Discounted Health Club membership, fresh fruit and other snacks provided
- RRSP Matching Program after 2 years of employment
- Experience in a rapidly growing, socially responsible corporation