Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Analyst
Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a Software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
The Quality Assurance Automation Analyst is responsible for testing, documenting, enhancing and maintaining the CMiC Enterprise software application. The Quality Assurance Automation Analyst works with team members as well as other teams to test, script, automate testing and document the system as programming changes are completed. Understanding of an ERP System including Accounting as well as other Business processes such as Payroll, Financials Reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the testing, integration, documentation and maintenance of CMiC Enterprise application which includes:
- Test web applications, functional testing, integration testing and load testing of applications along with database input, developing and executing test cases for functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance and stability testing
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems
- Create, execute and maintain automated testing scripts through OATS (Oracle Application Testing Suite), Appium/Selenium for Mobile testing and other technology as needed.
- Execute test cases and document actual results, with a high degree of accuracy for system test phase adhering to timelines
- Assist in defining test data and test environment requirements
- Log defects and assist in resolution process as required
- Provide support to business teams for business testing as required
- Ensure timely notification of issues/problems and make recommendations for issue/problem resolution
- Support automation and test data management strategies
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including testing and project management disciplines, well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards, escalating escalate issues as required
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends
- Work collaboratively to identify solutions and resolve problems
- Participate in project and team meetings; interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Evaluate alternative design approaches and design technical processes to meet business and user requirements
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that defects are correctly identified, fixed and incorporated into solutions
- May analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain automated test cases within the testing environment
- May provide day-to-day support for test environments, trouble shooting, triaging issues and coordinating resolution with all technology partners
- Other related duties as assigned
- College/ University Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Math
- 2-3 years of relevant Business experience (including Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing, Reporting and other standard Business practices)
- Experience with web-based client applications and SQL databases preferable
- Should have previous hands-on technical working experience with the following Technologies: Oracle, basic PL/SQL and basic SQL
- Some in-depth knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both a Business (Project Management/Accounting) and IT perspective
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements
- Ability to perform QA testing and lead or coordinate basic testing activities
- Ability to test from an End to End perspective (Client/Server debugging)
- An expert at writing and executing scripts and scenarios, as per methodology
- Readiness to develop testing processes, strategies, plans, methodologies
- Experience with automation of testing with OATS, APPIUM, Selenium, Jenkins.
- Highly-effective collaborator and relationship-builder
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.