Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a Software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
CMiC is the leading provider of complete, integrated and advanced enterprise level software solutions for construction and capital projects. For nearly four decades, CMiC has partnered with the largest and most technologically progressive AEC firms and capital project owners in North America, gaining detailed insight into the unique business needs of the industry. From that experience, CMiC has created CMiC Enterprise, the most advanced construction and capital project software solution ever developed. Combining an incredibly flexible technological infrastructure with a philosophy of total integration, CMiC Enterprise lowers costs, improves productivity and increases interoperability.
The Java Developer is responsible for the development of tools for CMiC’s product. An essential aspect of this role involves designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging and testing applications developed primarily using Oracle ADF Framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide estimates for development items and consistently meet estimate and programming deadlines
- Provide standard product and enhancement support
- Provide support for CMiC Application Developers that use UI Builder Framework
- If needed, effectively work with other teams to assist with defect resolution
- Provide integrated testing and debugging for new programming tasks/functions
- Create detailed technical design specification documents that can later be used for programming when required
- Conduct regressive testing to ensure backwards compatibility of the system
- Evaluate alternative design approaches to meet business requirements
- Collaborate with team members and other departments to find solutions
- Participate in project and team meetings
- Other related duties as assigned
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of professional hands-on Java EE programming experience
- Familiarity with Oracle databases, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- ADF experience is strongly preferred
- JSF experience is preferred
Full-time, permanent role
Benefits Package (Health & Dental)
Paid Vacation and Personal Days
Yoga Classes and Social Events
Rapidly growing organization with 200+ employees
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.