Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
An opening currently exists for an Oracle DBA Dispatcher.
- Ability to process, analyze and assign/dispatch high volumes of emails/tickets to individual DBAs.
- Communication skills: an absolute must. Ability to pick up a phone and call a customer is an essential part of the job.
- Ability to Multitask: Dispatchers often are coordinating lots of tickets/people around at the same time, tracking the progress of the incidents and keeping up to updates is essential part of the job.
- Problem-Solving Skills: You will need to be able to prioritize the most important situations, and think quickly on your feet.
Certifications like ITIL, Six Sigma, LEAN processes are a big asset.
We are looking for a candidate who is technically sound with strong communication and leadership skills.
- College/University Degree - preferably in Computer Science, Electrical/Software Engineering or Math/Physics (Computer Sc. stream) or equivalent experience
- Prior technical experience is preferred. The dispatcher will be coordinating tickets specifically for DBA and Middleware groups so prior exposure to any of these technologies is a big asset
- Experience with web-based client applications and enterprise deployment strategies (load balancing and high availability installs)
- Experience working with clients or in a team based environment and working under pressure/time constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Any knowledge of the following technologies would be considered an asset:
- Oracle Database 11g/12c/18c
- Oracle Application Server 10g/11g/12c
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle Reports
- J2EE Programs
- Knowledge of RAC is welcome
- Knowledge of DataGuard is welcome
- Some in-depth knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both a Business (Project Management/Accounting) and IT perspective
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements
- Proficiency using MS Office Products
- Proficiency using MS SharePoint
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Full-time, permanent role
Benefits Package (Health & Dental)
Paid Vacation and Personal Days
Yoga Classes and Social Events
Rapidly growing organization with 200+ employees