Payroll Implementation Consultant
Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a Software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
CMiC is the leading provider of complete, integrated and advanced enterprise level software solutions for construction and capital projects. For nearly four decades, CMiC has partnered with the largest and most technologically progressive AEC firms and capital project owners in North America, gaining detailed insight into the unique business needs of the industry. From that experience, CMiC has created CMiC Open Enterprise v10, the most advanced construction and capital project software solution ever developed. Combining an incredibly flexible technological infrastructure with a philosophy of total integration, CMiC Open Enterprise v10 lowers costs, improves productivity and increases interoperability.
The Payroll Implementation Consultant acts as a critical link between customers and CMiC. This position is responsible for both ERP and cloud-based implementations for our growing client base. You will play a lead role in business process, configuration, training, and consulting while proactively communicating with clients to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and maintain settings required for Payroll, Human Resources, and Timesheet programs
- Ability to write functional specifications and have sound knowledge of both Canadian and United States payroll requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of Payroll processes
- Train on the functionality and features integrated with CMiC software.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and thoroughly communicate and document business processes with Payroll operations.
- Manage customer timeline expectations for resolving their issues
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members as required
- Travel to customer sites approximately 50% of the time
- ADP, Ceridian, Paylocity, Workbrain, and HCM Software experience (an asset)
- College/university degree - preferable in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience
- Canadian or U.S. Payroll Certification
- Solid business background in Human Resources/Payroll, hands-on experience in consulting/support/project management related activities, and previous Enterprise (ERP) implementation experience
- Previous industry experience with Construction, Engineering, Professional Services or other firms is preferred
- Strong leadership and diplomacy skills and the ability to multitask within a fast paced and dynamic workplace
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency using MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook)
- Basic accounting skills, System Development Life cycles (SDLC), Quality Assurance and knowledge of Enterprise Systems.
- Previous technical support experience or customer service experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills