Associate Product Manager (APM)
CMiC is the leading provider of enterprise level software solutions for construction and capital projects. For nearly four decades, CMiC has partnered with the largest and most technologically progressive AEC firms and capital project owners in North America, gaining detailed insight into the unique business needs of the industry. From that experience, CMiC has created CMiC Enterprise, the most advanced construction and capital project software solution ever developed. Combining an incredibly flexible technological infrastructure with a philosophy of total integration, CMiC Enterprise lowers costs, improves productivity and increases interoperability.
The Associate Product Manager (APM) program at CMiC provides a unique opportunity for candidates to join an established software development company and experience a full product development lifecycle. APM’s will be assigned to one of our product groups and be mentored by a Senior Product Manager. APM’s will be assigned to an R&D software development project and take that project from Requirements Gathering to Shipping. This one-year contract will build your Product Management skills and put you in the position be promoted to a full-time Product Management role at CMiC.
- Supporting our Product Development teams with QA Testing and Documentation
- Engaging with Customers, Sales, Solutions and Consulting to stay on top of customer requests that could enhance your product
- Reviewing product enhancement suggestions submitted on portals like UserVoice
- Conducting competitive analysis related to your product group
- Assisting in the Design, Development, Testing and Shipment of your assigned R&D project(s)
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for technology
- A highly motivated individual that takes pride in his/her work.
- An interest in a career in Product Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Someone that works well with others
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary point-of-contact for CMiC Enterprise customers
- Triage product queues daily
- Review customer questions and reported problems
- Investigate and resolve customer issues
- Conduct web meetings with customers to gather information for investigative purposes and for further assistance
- Meet with Product Team members and programmers to discuss customer inquiries
- Test system scenarios and duplicate issues to resolve customer inquiries
- Address issues timely and in accordance with customer expectations
- Participate in project and team meetings; interact and collaborate with team members as required
- Accurately interpret and effectively comply with company standards, procedures, and policies
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related field.
- Business, Information Systems and Computer Science are preferred.
- Graduated from post secondary within the last 3 years
Other beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience in the construction/engineering industry
- Basic understanding on Information Systems (servers, web pages, client apps)
Social Events including yoga classes
Experience in a rapidly growing organization with 200+ employees
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.